Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Show me your bag...


…and I will tell who you are ;)
This morning when I was switching my bags I noticed how many things I’m carrying with me in there every day . On my way to work I was discretely looking at the other women’s bags, hoping that I will see what they have inside. I know that it may sound creepy, but this is my pure curiosity-I’d love to know what other girls carry in their bags or a makeup bags-what kind of cosmetics or what book they read now and actually I have no idea what I need these information for but it could be kind of exciting to see how similar or how different we are judging by the content of our bags.
Although I didn't manage to make others bags transparent (don't have the fairy skills yet;)) I got this idea to share with you what's inside of mine.
The first thing I have to say is that my bag is rather heavy one and sometimes I feel like it's build of metal than leather.
The bag on my pictures comes from Mulberry and is my favorite one. I just love the simplicity of the cut, the softness of the leather and the overall look of it.

And here is the stuff it's usually packed with…
-book or two-at the moment I’m going through reading of Franz Kafka novels
-always a bottle of mineral water

-fruit-preferably banana or apple or something I don't have to peel off

-perfumes: I try to carefully choose the scent I’m wearing on me and it always depends on the weather outside, the season, time of the day or my mood. But because the weather here in London is so unpredictable I always have something for almost any occasion- just in case.

-ballet pumps (from Zara this time)-  I very often, literally, run from one part of London to another and wearing the heels isn't always the best choice to move swiftly  

-Mulberry cotton bag-for my shoes as I would never put my dirty shoes into my bag between the rest of the things, especially food

-purse-with hardly any cash inside, just a few coppers haha as I don’t like to carry too much cash on me, I am fan of plastic cards. In London you can pay by card for pretty much anything, everywhere and any amount free of charge, even if it is a bread roll for 37 pence or so J
-umbrella-always! This is 'must have' item if you live in UK. I used to carry sun glasses as well which is another of these 'must have' things here in London but as I don't wear lenses anymore I didn't think shades are particularly handy item for me
-paper tissues and painkillers :)

-cotton shopping bag-I don’t like plastic bags as I’m one of the eco friendly ones! The big plus is that normally cotton bags are strong and solid so you can pack them with tones of stuff. And I've got them free in any number from the shoppers and the suppliers at the venues

-calculator-always in my bag as I have to keep an eye on the numbers when it comes to the cash for Kids

 -house keys attached to my Event keyring
-glasses  cover box
-couple of memory sticks-for backing up some of the important documents
-my office pass
-pocket calendar
-mentos 'The freshmaker' drops ;) 
-couple of pens
-3 different lip balms-I’m obsessed with lip balms
-travel card
-make up bag-with a few necessary cosmetics, like Laura Mercier pressed powder, Bodyshop mascara, 2 lipsticks-red and melon one, eye roll cream and Vaseline
-2 mobiles/BlackBerry- one for work the other for my private use
Summing up, my bag says that I must be a bit disorganized, well prepared for any occasion, predictable although spontaneous and maybe a little bit trendy hard working lady in her 20s ;)!

And now I'm sure you can guess what I am going to ask you about!

What 's in your bag Dears???
Have a great rest of the week, xxx

18 comments:

  1. Love these posts! I did one myself!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lol about looking at other's bags. I do that sometimes :). Your bag seems to have everything that any woman would need. You don't wanna peep into my everyday bag. It's most filled with shopping receipts. My fancy bag (Celine) on the other hand is very organized and only has pretty things.

    Love,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! i just found someone who gets more stuff than me! hahaha! i also used to take my ballaerinas in my bag!in my bag you'll find a cuple of notebooks, my pharmacy, pencils, mobile, purse, keys, my red lipstick, cigaretes e.t.c.
    by the way i have to make a bag post some time!:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you can't see what's in others bag, I'll tell you what's in mine ;) I don't go to work but to college so I carry few notebooks (1 or 2 lol), pencil case an umbrella (!), hand sanitizer, keys, money, cards (credit & transport), bottle of water, snacks. hm. cell phone. make up bag. I think that's it. wow. Just realized I carry lots of stuff :-D

    xoxo
    http://marinnelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 a whats in your bag post

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks sweeties, i just realized that i forgot to add my hand cream and sanitizer! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must take forever to find anything in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice post! We both use the same hand cream :) Love your bag! I usually wear small bags so I don't have to carry to much stuff but always come times when my needs call for big bags.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe all that stuff fit in your bag! Although...I'm sure if I pulled everything out of my bad...I would have just as much! haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you ever weighed that bag?? Oh wow..you certainly are prepared for anything & everything! My bag is minimal...i have a wallet, sunglasses, lipgloss, keys, some pain reliever, my phone, and that's about it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sneak peak inside your bag! I always find it interesting to see what other people are lugging around!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to carry everything, but I'm all about carrying less items, now; my iPhone, wallet, keys. I'd might add an pencil eyeliner, and a lip gloss for a night out. xoxo

    http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so in love with your blogging-style dear, really unique and lovely post :))

    one thing, could you please please do me a favour and vote for me by liking my photo on this link :)

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150310737991219&set=a.10150310737876219.336775.304442071218&type=1&theater

    It really means a lot to me :) puss puss and huggs from <3 <3

    combo-monster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bag definitely has all of the essentials. I love these types of posts:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post! :) love it!
    wanna follow each other?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you have loads of stuff in you bag! I think I may do one of these posts next week because I also find myself wondering whats in other's bags.
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha a banana?? haha i'm sure that's the new must in a bag! :D

    I've just made a post of my new collection, check it out and tell me what do you think!!

    http://www.fashionindahat.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and your time.