Sunday, 21 August 2011

Maxi black

Hi My lovely bloggers!
How are you and how is the weather in the place you currently are blogging from?
Well, I must say I’m not too pleased with the weather here in London. Yesterday, I decided to dust off my long forgotten maxi dress. Believe it or not but there is hardly any summer here in UK this year and all my summer clothes are all pretty much covered by dust! Because of today unpredictable economy I rather tend to carefully choose the kind of clothing I buy and the weather is also the factor I usually consider before deciding on the things I buy to wear.  But because of completely unpredictable weather here sometimes I feel like buying skirts, shorts and dresses is a bit futile as there is hardly the right time to wear it. After all these years of living here I learnt one thing-never go out there without two absolutely necessary things- sunglasses and umbrella! You can be sure to use them one time or another as the weather here fluctuates like women’s mood;).
Yesterday was one of those many days that begin with a beautiful sunshine that lasts for maximum 3 hours and after that it keeps raining for most of the afternoon just to get sunny again in the evening! Oh, what a day! Anyway, predictably I decided to take a few shots in the morning at the back garden and here they all areJ
I bought this dress last year and didn’t quite have too many occasions to wear it ( or maybe I simply forgot that I have it because it is constantly raining here), so when I woke up on Saturday morning I just had that picture in my head: maxi dress with flats-all very light despite of black color dullness. Nice contrast with the surrounding greenery of garden plants and with the warm tones of the sun light. The dress goes as well with the heels as with the flats. Actually, unless you lift it up you won’t see shoes at all so no worries here. You can easily go barefoot if you like;) and no one will notice!


Dress: River Island; Cardigan: French Connection; Flats: Topshop; Bracelets: H&M and Apart

13 comments:

  1. You have a lovely smile Wiola. Beautiful dress. Love the details on the front and at the back.

    Hope the London weather plays nice for you :)

    Love
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww sorry to hear about the shonky English weather. Ironically, despite it still being winter here, we probably get sunnier days than you do over there. Even when it's too cold, I'll still choose to pull out a dress over being practical in winter gear!

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    talking about the other woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Dears! Great to hear from you:)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful maxi dress Wiola! I love the detail on the back! Yes! I love the King's Speech too...it was amazing and I wish there are more well-made movies like it! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your maxi! too bad about the weather, I hope you get a lot of sunshine soon!
    www.sugarfilledcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you girls! Well the weather is not the best one-drizzle again:( xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the maxi! I'm still unpacking! Sucks!:)

    htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the black maxi!!! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks sweetie, hope all goes well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely dress :D you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the hint, girl! Exactly what i'm gonna do!

    htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and your time.